Monday, September 26, 2011

who's in a song?

I was thinking hard since I got to work on what to write as my first post this week. In my mind, names just started to pop like bubbles which started with "Onyok" and "Pedring". 
Surprisingly,  I started to hum some tunes with names as titles. I was humming "Michelle" by the Beatles before Z called to show me and Y her new discoveries from "le Di've" ( i.e.Divi). I will give her the honor of posting it soon... Hahaha!


from google image

After the demo, I returned to my little nook, and I was actually singing "Aubrey" (by Bread). A weird day!

This is the funniest of all. I'm sure both Y and Z will L-O-L upon reading this post.

I received an email forwarded by AB that originated from his friend. The usual, it's "tsunami" email that made AB's day, I'm sure. I started to sing (in my mind only) M A T I L D A. It's an old song I used to hear playing from our old "radyo pono". It's in an album (the long playing disc the size of a plate) with the song "Mockingbird Hill" and "The Wedding".

I forgot who the singer was but will research it in Google later (or "goggle"). As far as I can recall (as I was singing it),  lyrics are:

"Ma-til-da, Ma-til-da, Ma-til-da, she took my money and ran to Venezuela. Everybody!"



from imdb


Wohooo! I'm toast!!!

" X , X, Bo-X
Banana Fanna Fo-X,
Fi Fie Fo-X..."



X


X, that album with Mockingbird Hill and Wedding is that of Patti Page!  Tralala, tweedle-dee-dee!  I went to your wedding...  Brings back memories.  Pero wala kaming radyo pono.  We call it "stereo component," hehe.


Y

1 comment:

  1. Z, Yup I know the patti page songs you mentioned. Harry Belafonte did the "Matilda". I "goggled" it. He's the same singer who did "Jamaica Farewell".

    X

    ReplyDelete