Friday, September 16, 2011

rooms

I have this childhood penchant for houses with plenty of rooms .There are only four of us in the family and most of the time, my sibling and I are away from home (in the province). Also, my mother (+) used to tell us, "mahirap maglinis pag marami kwarto". But she doesn't say the same thing when it comes to her garden. She attends to it every morning, to the extent of getting sick every cool "ber" months.

In my "escapades" a few weeks ago, I came across different rooms, from simple to grand!

First, there is this house in a posh village in Bulacan that "quite" caught my attention although I wasn't able to explore the entirety of the house due to lack of time. The house is big with about 5 or 6 bedrooms (because I have not seen the one from the roofdeck. Allegedly it's the guestroom). They have one music/entertainment room with a mini-theater, set of percussions, electric guitars, keyboard, etc. They also have a playroom showcasing collection of toys. It has 2 kitchens (the one inside is seldom used I think, kasi di amoy maanta and the sink is surprisingly "drryyy???"). Hay! Plenty of rooms and spaces to clean! That's the downside.But I'm sure the owners can hire even 10 cleaners/maids to do the cleaning.

Second house is in a more "recluse" area outside the posh district.It's surrounded by greenery which reminds me of home!!!  It's situated near the riverbank. The owners' banca is still there. BH told me that the head of the family used to fish from the river and sent their kids to school through it. All the kids are now professionals. It has a kubo outside where it's so tempting to lie down on the "papag" or relax in a hammock while the gentle breeze from the river lull you to sleep! Good life. . . Stress free! It has 3 rooms, and 2 kitchens. It is so simple so mas madaling maglinis. But like I mentioned earlier, the garden is bigger and more difficult to clean. Ayyyy, I really miss home...

Last, is the house fronting a vacant lot with greenery, a huge garage and a wide terrace. It has 3 rooms and 2 T&Bs, 2 kitchens. What I love best is the terrace which is just right for family gatherings. The owners placed a bench in the terrace, perhaps intended for their afternoon coffee or for watching sunset. Oooh, I'd love putting a wooden swing  similar to the one below.

google image
Or this...

google image

Feeling celebrity talaga....!

Anyway, what really amused me in the last house I visited is this room! This is the third room. The owners are parents of achievers. WhoooW!
Wohooo! As of last inventory (September 2011), total number : 135. These are the combined medals of the owners' two kids. NOTE, both are still in college. Which means, madadagdagan pa yan! They had their schooling for primary years in the PI, their secondary in UAE and college both in UP. Whew! Malupet! If I have a room similar to this, I don't mind cleaning everyday! Lalo na pag trophy yan for winning Ms. Photogenic! Hahahaha!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment