Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pedring (Ondoy's cousin)

September 27, 2011 is like an ordinary stormy work day for me.
On my way, a tree just fell along the road fronting TUP.No flood and no traffic.And I forgot my cellphone. Grrr... Good thing, BH brought his and he agreed to lend me the same.


Well, Y and Z were both not around! Inggit!!!
I had a usual chit-chat with "eager to go home" fellows at the office. AB even saw me having coffee.
He was wearing the usual "kerokerokeroppi"outfit, kinda agitated for lack of sleep, i guess.



from yahoo image



























My nightmare started around 930am. I heard about the new beach along Roxas Boulevard. Oh no!
At 10am, the gods and goddesses above the corporate ladder decided to send the "obreros" home.
I took a quick peek outside and saw toppled trees. Windy outside but I'll survive, I said.


I tried to contact BH. He called me around 1030am and told me that the street going to my work is impassable except for trucks . "HUWAAAATT?" That's impossible coz there's no traffic not even gutter deep flood. BH asked me just to stay in the office and he'll stay where he is. Objection! Okay stubborn, then cross the street and find it out yourself.


Well I did with some officemates. I saw this!



Roxas Blvd. infront of Manila Hotel


This was taken by BH using my cellphone camera (which I forgot earlier). 
Ondoy's water was from rain. Pedring's deluge was from the sea.  
I was screaming as each gust of air pounds my face. I saw the trees come alive and imagine the swaying electric posts and wires as creatures smiling evilly at me- as if ridiculing my helplessness.
Not even Shamcey can defeat my "tsunami' walk.Promise!!!




Lesson learned. Never go to work when it's Signal No. 2.


No comments:

Post a Comment