Monday, November 14, 2011

rice pots and carbtrim

Earlier this evening, my 2 boys and I decided to check out this relatively new dining place called Rice Pots, along Aguirre Avenue in BF Homes. I wasn't expecting anything worth blogging about, so I did not even bring any camera with me.

The Big Boy ordered:
1 Bowl of Kimchi Rice
1 Bowl of Yang Chow Rice
1 serving of Lechon Macau
1 serving of White Chicken
1 serving of Siomai
1 serving of Lumpiang Shanghai
2 Black Gulaman Juice

When our order arrived, we realized that we will not be able to finish the 2 bowls of rice. True enough, and so we ended up taking out the Yang Chow rice. The Kimchi Rice was very good, and it was tolerably spicy. I am not a fan of Kimchi, but this made me want to buy Kimchi and cook one. Wink wink... We were able to finish all the rest, as the servings were not really big.

When we got the bill, we were surprised that we ate all of those for less than 600 bucks:


While waiting for our change, the waiter asked if we wanted our black Gulaman refilled. Haha!? So bottomless pa pala...

Here's how the place looks like from the outside:


It was definitely worth going back to...

Now after all those Kimchi Rice galore and as i write this entry, I remembered that earlier, I bought 2 boxes of CarbTrim. (I got really curious after seeing the tv commercial.)


The box states "based on research studies, white kidney bean extract may help reduce the absorption of dietary carbohydrates".

A website states that white kidney beans are high in protein, complex carbohydrates and fiber, yet low in fat, and are packed with minerals and B vitamins.

Another good thing about this is that it has no added sugar!


As I drank the CarbTrim, I read the instruction, and wapak! "drink one to three times a day, preferably BEFORE meals.". Oo nga naman, by this time, about 4 hours since dinner, the carbs from the Kimchi Rice must have been absorbed already by my system. Yikes!

Anyway, tomorrow, I will start all over again.

xoxo

Y


No comments:

Post a Comment