Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Loaning Kindle books

If you have a close friend who has owned a Kindle e-book reader for quite some time, and therefore chances are she has accumulated a few or more kindle books, and you're aching to read some e-books in that new gadget of yours (read: ipad2), you might want to check out first if that close friend of yours has some kindle books to loan out, before you go on buying. Read: sayang ang dollars :-)

I say close friend because Amazon says that "eligible books can be loaned once for 14 days"' so unless my interpretation is incorrect, this means that that a book can be loaned once only.

Just now, I discovered that Kindle books in the P.C. and Kristin Cast's House of Night series are eligible for loaning.


X, I have Book 1 (Marked) to Book 7 and I choose you! I will loan first the 1st one because you might not like it... And on the off chance that you like it, just text and I will e-mail the next books to you. of course, one at a time, because the loan is only for 14 days.

So what's the catch? Ahm, ehem eto nalang ang Christmas gift ko sa yo? Haha, joke....

The good news for Z is: this House of Night series is being developed into a movie. Just early this November 2011, Davis Films bought the rights to the series. Davis Films is the same outfit which produced the Silent Hill and Resident Evil films. Wink wink!

Oh, X, I hope you'll be hooked just like me once.

Merry meet, merry part and merry meet again!

P.S. I just 'loaned' out a book. I received a note from Amazon stating 'Your Kindle book has been loaned. The recipient will be sent an email shortly explaining how to get their loaned book. As a reminder, you will not be able to read this book while it is loaned. The recipient has 7 days to accept this book. Once the book is accepted, the recipient will have 14 days to read the book before it is returned to you.'

Y

1 comment:

  1. Y,

    I received the email last night. Thanks.
    Problem is, when I tried to get the book it says that the title is not available in our region.Maybe for loaning. Sigh!

    I guess I will have to move to the Arctic to get the book.

    X

    ReplyDelete