Sunday, November 27, 2011

Manila Hotel vs. Sofitel

My officemate and I went to Manila Hotel last week to check the venue for an official business of some VIPs.

The account executive brought us to Mabuhay Palace Restaurant. It was quite surprising for me because I never expected to see a renovated and much pleasant smelling Manila Hotel.Most foreign visitors prefer Sofitel, Hyatt or Diamond. Other than being so pricey, Manila Hotel is also creepy.

Entrance to the Mabuhay Palace Restaurant

We further toured the Hotel for their other function or meeting rooms.
The Wine Cellar Room is quite spacious compared to the Meeting Room at Hyatt. 
It's classic but the table is narrow. We wanted a bigger table for all the stuff that the attendees will bring.

Wine Cellar Room

The last room we've visited is what I liked the best. Although, it's small, there is a homey feeling to it. It's the Cigar Room. It's so hidden that you need to pass through some buffet counters and all before reaching its entrance. You will need to pass the view of the pool and a small pocket garden. But it's nice.

Meeting Table (Too bad, it's too small)


No smoking. Hahaha!Pocket garden behind.

I would feel like a queen on this chair.
Anyway, the area is too small for the function so we decided to get the Mabuhay instead.

Days later, we had some dinner at Le Bar in Sofitel. 
As I've said in my earlier posts, I prefer the outdoors.
Sunset Dinner at Le Bar, Sofitel
Poolside is so pretty!

Y and Z, why don't we have our next meet up here.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment