Saturday, November 05, 2011

Me and iPod

the Big Boy has officially passed on his iPod to me. That makes me now an owner of two apples... Hehe.

I never saw the need for me to own an iPod. Those who know me well know that I have sensitive ears, literally. I don't want earphones, and I am not comfortable walking around wearing headphones.

In the less than 5 times of my entire life that I visited a doctor for an unusual symptom (not counting cough, colds, of course), 2 of those relate to my ears. The first time, i had an ear infection after I used an earplug which I was forced to use when my roommate in the dorm was repeatedly playing a song after a breakup, and I had to study for a big exam.

The second one was just recently when I had a small scrape inside my ear which the doctor suspected to be due to excessive cleaning. Duh!?

Anyhow, you get the point, I have sensitive ears, so that makes 1 good reason for not buying an iPod.

Secondly, I am a rusher, a silent one at that, and in the Chico and Delamar sense of the term. I listen to The Morning Rush every morning, so I don't need an iPod inside the car. On my way home, I listen to RX again, whatever is playing, or when I get tired of hearing people talking, I just tune in to either 96.3 or 103.5 FM stations. Before I used to listen to the news, but lately, only when there's a specific news that I want to hear about.

When I am on a road trip with family though, either we don't need the radio, or the Big Boy is manning the stereo. He gets to choose the music, except when I convince him to play my own music.

In fact, I still have my Lea Salonga folder in his iPod, I mean my iPod now...



I love listening to these songs while in the car. I can sing to them, and elicit violent reactions from the Big Boy and the little boy, which makes singing really worthwhile, hehehe.

I love the 2 albums of Lea, In Love and By Heart. These feature her flawless rendition of famous OPM and R&B songs.

The list in the iPod does not reflect my favorite, but those were the only ones which I was able to download at that time. Hopefully I can also download some more, when I have the time.

xoxo

Y



No comments:

Post a Comment