Wednesday, August 31, 2011

old movies marathon part 1

Over the long weekend, I caught the movie of KC Concepcion and Richard Gutierrez on TV “For the First Time” halfway through and for me, it should have been entitled “Awkward.”  Perhaps it was the script or the acting, but most scenes were awkward.  The “best” scene for me was when KC introduced herself to the entire family of Richard Gutierrez starting with “Hello po.  Ako po si Sophia Carmina Sandoval.  Mahal ko po ang anak nyo.” and it went on forever, ending with “Yun lang po.  I… thank you.”  I still cringe at the thought of that embarrassingly long speech.  The movie is eye candy though, as KC is very pretty.

And then I also saw this movie of Gabby Concepcion, titled “Asawa ko, huwag mong aagawin,” and I enjoyed it so much!  Amalia Fuentes, even if she was not the stereotypically sexy mom at this day and age, was very beautiful.  She was not thin at all, but she exuded this sex appeal (well to Eddie Gutierrez at least).  It was so funny that the characters were smoking all over -- at the construction site, in the office, on the bed.  There was also this scene which could be censored if shown now, as Amalia Fuentes and Eddie Gutierrez were not wearing seatbelts while riding the car.  And the classic part was when Gabby surprised Vilma Santos, with her favorite pizza, and it went something like, “Surprise! Ang favorite pizza mo, with…. Mushroom!”  Wahahaha!  It was so cute.  I want to catch it again as I was not able to finish it.


Y

No comments:

Post a Comment