Wednesday, August 24, 2011

sa kuko ng "alila"

even if I am not gifted with candlestick-shaped fingers, I love nail polish. It all started  in high school when I saw my aunt wearing fuchsia. I am not particular about the brand as I grew up trying on  “Cutex”(that my college buddies mistook for cotton buds), “Caronia” which was made popular by a commercial with dancing girls flashing their nails and of course “Bobbie” (Chic and Colortrends). Now that I am “older” and had grown “wiser” ( NOTE: turn “w” upside down and you’ll get “miser”), I look for color rather than name. Z gave me few weeks ago (tnx), an expensive brand (“Opi”) which I used right away. Okay, good brand has its advantage coz color application lasts longer (NOTE AGAIN:  I used tons of acetone to remove the color from my nails! Hahaha!) .

Whenever I go to Watsons or SM or Robinsons, I head to the nail care products first. My color choices depend on what mood I have or want to project. I have been looking for ash gray and dark gray and the "GO POWquiao" shade(“Mwah!” line)  from Bobbie.


Image taken from Bobbie Nail Care website














































Just wanna share snapshots of my colorful nails for the past 2 weeks.
Enjoy viewing !!! (these were from my mobile phone cam, kaya not so good ang resolution).




Orange Float

Dainty Pink

Witchy Gold



 So pretty, eh! Except for the orange float, I made up the names for the last two shades.



X



I asked X, what's with the title?  She said it was culled from the title of the movie "Sa Kuko ng Agila," which I later on learned was a 1989 movie (hmm, were you of age already at that time, X? me, definitely not.. bwahaha!).  It was about Olongapo City during the time of the U.S. Bases, and which starred Pres. Joseph Estrada, ex-Senator Nikki Coseteng, Tommy Abuel (who was in almost all 1980's Pinoy movie) and the late Paquito Diaz. 



So, the next question is, what is "Sa Kuko ng Agila" in English.  Hmm, nail of the eagle?   No, wrong.  It is Eagle's Talons.  #trivia. 

Y


X,  i am confused. . . i just checked and i have orly.  how come yours is opi?  (although i always confuse these 2 brands but yours and mine are supposed to be the same brand . . . hmmm....&%$#!!  confused!) 
http://www.opi.com/

http://blog.newsok.com/fashionmatters/files/2009/02/orly-spring-colors.jpg

anyway,  you might want to try essie's fab collection!

http://www.essie.com/latest-collection/

and your elusive dark gray, you might find it under "greige" collection of imported brands. . . check this out:  http://www.bargainist.com/deals/2010/07/next-best-is-better-greige-nail-polish/#b

for kids, you might want to consider girl stuff

Z

1 comment: