Monday, February 06, 2012

It's More Fun in Looneyta (Luneta)

BH and DS forced me to wake up on a cloudy Saturday morning.
I refused to change to a jogging gear because I am really not into running. I opted to wear walking shorts, slippers (I'm so KJ), and shirt and brought a small chair and my Ipad to "Looneyta" (Luneta). 

I sat to my heart's content and finished the book I've been reading since last month.
"Taho" man passed by and asked him to give me 10-peso cup. He didn't leave so I asked for another cup.
Wohoo, the best. I continued reading and a loud bell stirred me. Ding,ding,ding!

Oooh, it's Thomas and "Friends???". Hey 
They're two they're four they're six they're eight
Shunting trucks and hauling freight
red and green and brown and blue
they're the really useful crew
All with different roles to play
Round Tidmouth sheds or far away,
Down the hills and round the bends
Thomas and friends
Thomas he's the cheeky one
James is vain but lots of fun
Percy pulls the mail on time
Gordon thunders down the line
Emily really knows her stuff
Henry toots and huffs and puffs
Edward wants to help and share
Toby, well let's say, he's square
Thomas & Friends (that's not Thomas, it's Percy according to DS)

People in a hurry to board the train

Hay Luneta! I was curious and asked the Manong Train Driver how much they charge for a ride (a round trip, literally from the Rizal statue to Taft side then back). It's Php50 per pax. I used to have a picture here with some colleagues. It's for a photo contest showing unity "achuchuchu". I recall my department getting third place, but not for a photo on the train.

Moving out from the crowd of riders, I got into a corner near an all white statue and saw one family taking photos just below it.
find the bird
marker
Oh, it's "La Madre Filipina". Mother Philippines. I don't understand why the figure below the statue (bald head) was made that way.

The joggers arrived and time to head to Jollibee for breakfast. Wiiiiiiiihhhhh! Yun lang naman inaabangan ko!
A tarpaulin caught my attention. It's the contoversial tourism motto and I can't help but take a photo.

It's really true! Whatever people say, this is very true!
Luneta pa lang yan, but I already enjoyed the sight by just sitting in one corner. It was relaxing despite the ding, ding, ding. The taho was superb! Seeing the families gather around and share simple joys of flying a kite, catching ball, walking their dogs, biking and just lazing on the grass -refreshing sight.I saw Koreans taking pictures with the Lapu-Lapu statue. African exchange students playing football with some kids. Simple joys,ya know!

I just hope the Department of Tourism will exert more effort to bring in more tourists.

"Oh DOT when will you restore the glory of your once magnificent building."
 I heard they're planning to have this converted into a hotel. Whaaaaat?

DOT Building

X

No comments:

Post a Comment