Thursday, February 09, 2012

Big Boy=old soul

If there is one thing I want my little boy to take after the Big Boy, it is the Big Boy's love for old music.  A good friend of ours has once remarked that she likes talking to the Big Boy because he's an old soul.

The Big Boy introduced me to the likes of Simon Garfunkel, John Denver, John, Peter and Mary, Engelbert Humperdinck, John Ford Coley.  It is also him who pointed out how Albert Hammond had only 1 real hit song, and we both had a good laugh while watching this video.  It is so cheesy!  To think, I loved singing this on the magic sing, as in effortless I get a 90 plus points with this song.  We even feel a bit sentimental when hearing this, it is as if it is so apt for old couples.  But after seeing this video, I realized it was not sung by an old man.  I don't think I will be able to finish this song without getting into a laughing fit.

 

 xoxo, Y

No comments:

Post a Comment