Monday, February 20, 2012

Busog Trip 6 : Grilled Eggplant (Ilocano Style)

In our office canteen, food choices were especially catered for the "carnivorous corporate eaters".
The usual choices: menudo, caldereta, binagoongang baboy, chicken afritada,beef with ampalaya and preservative-rich longganisa, corned beef and luncheon meat.Wala na bang iba? I'm starting to grow some fur or feather eating all the proteins they serve.

I'm such a whiner!Hahaha!, I whine when I don't like the food. I'm not a choosy eater but it's different when you are served with meat in straight 5 working days. I don't mind eating boiled camote tops, bagoong with kalamansi and rice.

So, after rummaging the house refrigerator last weekend, I saw the lovely eggplants, chili and the red tomatoes in the chiller- waiting for me to get peeled and sliced. "Pick us up please"! I bought some coal (uling), shrimp paste (alamang), shallots (lasona) and grilled the eggplant and chili.

And the result: heavenly!





   
The secret to almost perfect grilled veggies, not to place them too close to the hot coal. Look at the 3rd chili on the photo.Lesson learned.



X

No comments:

Post a Comment