Thursday, October 06, 2011

Steve Jobs and other Thursday musings

While I am still in the dark as to what I did wrong (I am dying to know, Z!), I would like to blog about Steve Jobs who was announced earlier today to have died at the age of 56.


Steve Jobs will forever be remembered by many for Apple, but I don't have an Apple so I could not relate really. 


I will forever remember Steve Jobs though for bringing to us Disney Pixar's Toy Story.  This is a movie that is so close to my heart, having watched TS 1, 2 and 3 several times with Little Boy. 


Steve Jobs is regarded to be a majority if not the biggest shareholder of Disney Pixar.  He sold Pixar to Disney, and Steve Jobs was much credited for the success of the Toy Story franchise.


There was a claim that the Toy Story 3 was full of Apple references, but I could only identify 1.  There is a scene in Toy Story 3 where Woody was searching for the way from Bonnie's house back to the care center to save his friends.  The other toys of Bonnie let Woody use a desktop, which has the Safari Browser.



Google Images
 RIP Steve Jobs.


Y


Y,
Me too, i don't own any Apple gadget. Steve's picture that I recall is during the launching of the Ipad-wearing black sweater and thinning hair. That's when I learned he has cancer.
yahoo image


What really surprised me are the posted photos all over the net showing Steve. I will have to call it "virtual influence". The photos moved me. People are really mourning, placing flowers and notes in the sidewalk where his home is.


It's really a loss to this "gadget-dependent" world.
RIP.


X

No comments:

Post a Comment