Monday, October 17, 2011

Spooky films

Halloween is almost here. Surely, the trend for the next 2 weeks will be something spooky, orange and gory.

I just noticed last Friday evening when I was looking for something to watch and was stuck in CinemaOne's "CINCO". Pero yung kay Pokwang na lang naabutan ko. 

image from celebritypulp.com
This is what I get when I am so tamad to "sail" in the "debede" rivers of Quiapo and Carriedo for the hard to find films. After shopping for the flat discs, it's a magical and "exciting" feeling to unwrap the package and watch till your butts ache. Guaranteed that you will not leave your seat (except for call of nature) as you aim to grab the title of "pound-for-pound" Queen for lack of exercise.Bring in the chips baybeh!!!

Anyway, the film was supposed to be "horror" pero di ako natakot.I can't give a reasonable review for the entire film except for the last segment. Ang corny at hindi ako natakot!!! Yun lang. Nanghinayang ako sa more than 30 minutes ko. I could have watched Chowder na lang or Barbie.


DS and I love horror movies.I close the room door,DS switches the aircon on, dim the room by pulling blinds down and we start with our chips. There was a time that we kept a list of horror movies to buy in Quiapo or watch in cable TV. But we always get scolded by BH.  Nagsasayang daw kami ng kuryente, kasi di naman kami nanonood. Why? Whenever he comes inside the room, DS and I are hiding under our blanket or pillows. Get the picture! Hahahaha!!! You know what I'm talking about.

Our Top 5 favorites (random):

from imdb
1) Ring- it's the Hollywod version starring Naomi Watts. DS haven't seen this yet. Can't appreciate the Jap's version.


















from imdb
2) Sixth Sense- I watched this before (about 4 times already). But it still has a scary impact on me. The first time I watched it with DS, naghihilaan kami na maglabas ng wrappers ng chips from the room. What did we do? We noisily went out the room  to ward off the "wandering souls" daw and switched all the lights on. Hahaha!















google image


3) Sukob-(Wedding Curse) starring the Presidential Sister and the Controversial Sister. Hahaha!


















google image
  

4. Feng Shui- again starring the Presidential Sister. This caused me sleepless nights. Not enough to sue for damages though.












imdb


5) Sigaw (The Echo)- starring Jomari Yllana, Angel Locsin and Iza Calzado. I like this one.The first time we've seen this in CinemaOne, BH went home to the province and it was raining. The loud thunder both made mother and son scream of fright! Hahahaha! DS said, "why is it always dark. Ang dilim dilim naman." Di daw nya makita.I told him, remove your hands kasi.Don't cover everything.












Horror movies that I am scared to watch until now:

a) The Exorcist
b) The Omen.

Movie posters are enough to scare me. I'll never watch them.

Halloween costumes will be my next post.


X


X, no more dibidi-dibidis in quiapo, dba?  yung "double" movies na lang . . . hahaha . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment