Friday, October 21, 2011

spooky 2 : Halloween Costumes

For more than a week already, DS had been bugging me that his annual trick or treat party in school will be on the 28th. He reminded me that wearing scary costumes (including masks) is not allowed. Since his casa years and up to this time, I keep on getting him a new costume every halloween. He gets big so fast, I don't know what I'm feeding him.

This was his first costume -Superman (or superkid). He was excited the first time he wore it. When he got back from school, he was a bit disappointed because there were about 5 kids who got the same costume.Also, he asked me if he can have another costume on next halloween because he found the costume uncomfortable to wear. "Ang init and bakit sa labas naka-brief?" Okay, got your point.







 The following year, he wore this one. I was supposed to get the ninja costume but he didn't like covering his face. We got this, complete with the pitchfork (inflatable). He made an additional request. "Buy me boots". Ha??? "TUMIGIL!, Over na yan."








This is his most hated costume ever. We did not have much choice at that time because he is too big for the cowboy but too small for the ninja. "So hot, Mom. I  don't like this." Okay, let's go home then. No choice, he was compelled, coerced, forced to take it.














At last, he was able to wear what he always wanted. Complete with a pirate hat,sword and a little eye cover. Wala lang yung signature hook. He was so happy when he got home from school. "My classmates liked my costume".









 Last year, DS was a ninja. I told him not to get a sword anymore since he won't be able to carry his loot bags if he'll carry along his sword. He agreed but asked me to get a star shaped weapon used by fighters in "Naruto"(they call it throwing star, according to wikipedia) . HUWAAT? "Hay naku, sobra na yan.Mag-Batman ka na lang." Well, this time, I was the one compelled,coerced, forced to give in. Nothing fits on him coz he's too big for a 9-year old. Okay, how much ba yang "istar istar"? Huwaaat? Php100 for5 tiny pieces of plastic. Hay naku, igugupit na lang kita. "Mommy naman. Mommmmyyyy!". We got the stars. Here's the catch... he forgot to bring them along coz he came to my work for company-sponsored trick or treat before going to school. Nalaos ang stars.

throwing stars or "istar-istar"
from www.themmazone.com















This year, he wants a soldier costume. Okay, I'll try to get one. He particularly asked me not to get the usual green or brown camouflage.He likes the smaller prints similar to his scout ranger hat.

It looks like this minus the helmet. This is just my guess.  I hope I got it right. Prints are smaller.
















ALL IMAGES FROM GOOGLE

X

No comments:

Post a Comment