Monday, October 31, 2011

For X from Y

Dear X,


When is your birthday ba talaga?  I've known it to be on October 31, but I got a bit confused when I saw Z's post was dated yesterday.  Although, I know that Z has a habit of anticipating our birthday days in advance, and it's just her way of making you feel special on your birthday, the day before and after... 


X, I am thankful for having you as a friend.  (Please imagine Ballad Pour Adeline, aka Lovingly Yours, Helen theme, starting to play here, wink wink)


It is funny that when I first met you, I thought you were the lady l----- which a friend from my previous work warned me about.  In her exact words, "Beward of the lady l-----."  I met Z first, but we had a chance to talk right away so I immediately took her out from my list of suspected lady l-----'s.  A few chit chats and lunch outs after though, I dispelled all doubts that you were the lady l----- my friend was referring to.  And I realized that you are one genuinely nice person, but the fun and not the boring kind.


You are the only person I know who replies to practically all unoffical e-mails, whether forwarded or plain chuva-chuva e-mails.  And not just that, you Reply to All, and manage to get away with it.  So that includes our boss, meaning my boss and Z's.  Hahaha!  I must say that that broke the ice and set the less formal tone between our super duper serious boss, and his mega opposite-of-serious subordinates, and we thank you for that. 


You stick to your position and would not bat an eyelash when challenged.  You fight for your rights and your DS's, when you know you're in the right, no matter how hassle it is.  You know what to say when you're called on-stage to deliver a message to the birthday celebrant.  You have no inhibitions at all .  You would gladly share to everyone the lessons you learned from your parents during father/mother's day.  You can gamely and fashionably admit to your seatmate that you are the one who smells like white flower.


So, X, on your 3__ birthday, I wish you a happy happy birthday and many more birthdays to come!


Love,


Y

No comments:

Post a Comment