Saturday, October 08, 2011

bringing home the Birkin

Thank you X and Z for everything you wrote about me.  (I hope I didn't steal Steve Jobs' thunder, wahaha! feeling huh!)


I love to voice out compliments, but I am not very good when I am at the receiving end.  Ok, there goes my attempt to graciously thank you, (hahaha!) but I guarantee you this comes from the bottom of heart.  


Previously, I said I will try to post something about one of the Kindle E-books Z and hubby gave me, which I have been reading since last Thursday night. 




As of this writing, I have finished 32% of the book.




I found it funny in a cute way that the main character, although not the "cost of luxury bags-naive" type of male as my hubby is, actually found Hermes unbelievably expensive, at least in proportion to their actual use.  For him, it was all business and taking advantage of the insane demand for Hermes. 


In one part of the book, I quote: "Safely back at the hotel room, I put the bag on the bedside table and waited for it to do something.  Surely these bags had some kid of magical powers."


Also, when he saw a leather jacket at the Hermes shop with "leather soft as butter", he saw the price tag as "Oh..my..God..$4,770." He mentally compared it with his Prada jacket and thought "at a good $3,000 more, what could this one do? Take out my f-- trash for me? Shine my shoes? Maybe it doubled as a parachute."


"How 'bout a blanket? $940. Where were they getting their wool, from caviar-fed sheep?


Hahaha!


 Y

1 comment:

  1. Y,

    Just a little exertion of my unquestionable convincing powers on BH, I'm on my way to Kindle Fire. Haaah, unlike Z na walang Krisis. May bagong Ipad2 na naman ang lola. Tribute to Steve Jobs yata! Hehehe.

    X

    ReplyDelete