Thursday, October 13, 2011

Enya and nostalgic e-mows

 Enya Brennan ("EithneNí Bhraonáin") is an Irish singer who lives in a castle in Ireland.



Enya's castle in Ireland
Photo from Wikipedia
 On my way to work this morning, I was listening to her relaxing old song "Only Time". If you want to give it a try, go to this link for the video http://new.music.yahoo.com/enya/videos/view/only-time--2141548


from enya.com
Be warned though. The beat won't bring you hitting the usual rickety and back-breaking dance steps of Beyonce or Black-Eyed Peas. Pang yoga or spa ang flow ng music. Anglo-Celtic theme as they call it.
I am good listener (at least to music). Simpleng tono that will catch my attention will always remind me of the time I liked it and associate it with a siginificant event. Educators call this "memorizing by association". I tend to associate significant events to a song. That's how "praning" I am. Sometimes, I also associate scent with an event. Like "Tommy Girl" to my last birthday as single (2000).
My Top 10:


1) Cranberries' "Zombie" reminds me of a rainy December in 1994 when I was about to lose my sanity cramming for a long test in my PM class (in CL).Then, they just suspended classes in the afternoon.


2) Rico Mambo in summer 1986. I recall my 6-year old cousin dancing this and her costume was a balloon skirt and wearing white stockings. Chus! Uso kasi sisterettes!


3) Blue Spanish Eyes sung by my Pa in '91 on his 50th birthday.


4) Orinoco Flow by Enya, reminds me of the days BH and I were in a "pa-cute" stage pa lang, April 2000


5) Sunrise, Sunset our wedding dance."Is this the little girl I carried..." Emowt, emowt!


6) "The Music Played" by Matt Monro. BH sang this  in a competition during their company Christmas Party in 2000. Surprisingly, he won and was called by their emcee as "the groom".

7) "Fernando" by Abba reminds me of my sibling.

8) "Asereje" (Ketchup Song) by Las Ketchup, December 2002. Busy spending my 13th month pay in a mall and local radio was playing this song. I was about to pay in a counter in "Bayo" for a "Leah Salonga outfit" when I cancelled last minute kasi back then, I thought I don't look good in orange. 

9) "Quando, Quando" reminds me of my Ma. She loved this maski 3 kilometers apart ang tono nya sa actual background. She used to sing it with conviction! Ahahaha!

10) and finally, the winner "Gi-kumot kumot" reminds me of my darling DS.I first heard him singing this one evening while he was doing his homework in 2008. I even recorded it on my cell phone. I asked him what it means. He said, he doesn't know. He said he just heard it from "Tambalang Ted and Korina" over the radio.

Of course, there are a lot more.  "One Way Ticket" in 1979 ( I was forced to dance in a grade school presentation), "The Gift" by Brickman the day DS was brought to us, "Promise" by When in Rome in the mid 80's when JC Bonnin WAS still my crush. Dami pa.....

I'm just not sure if I can associate  Y or Z to any song. I don't see them as music-oriented gals. Si Y, sa books, si Z sa LV at food.

Wait, pwede siguro to Y-"Estudyante Blues"
                                   Z- "Billionaire"

Nyahahaha! Winner!!!

X

rico mambo, for some reason, i relate to richie da horsie . . .wahaha . . . i dunno, maybe they had a movie with that song as sound track . . .


fernando and one way ticket reminds me of my dad . . . he plays those "plaka" super loud sa sala namin . . . pating yung dancing queen at chiquitita . . .


X, sana man lang just the way you are ang naisip mo sa akin no! . . . coz i am amazing, amazing! bwahaha!!!  . . . although:


i wanna be a gazillionaire so f--- bad,
buy all of the things i never had,
i wanna be the cover of vogue magazine, smiling next to kate and adam levine


oh every time i close my eyes
i see my name in shining lights, yeaaah
a different gucci every day oh i swear
the world better prepare for when i’m a gazillionaire


(rap)
yeah i would produce a show like oprah starring boy abunda
i would be the co-host of anthony taberna
everyday christmas give X and Y a wish list
i’d probably pull a manny p and jinkee
and put up a lot of houses including in l.e. (supposed to be l.a. as in los angeles but bisaya nga kaya l.e. - no offense meant, just for fun) 
give away a few honda civic like my favorite
and last but not least grant deserving kids their amazon wish list
it’s been a couple months since i’ve single so
you can call me Z Claus minus the ho-ho
get it, i’d probably visit where pedring hit
and damn sure do a lot more than pnoy did in calumpit
yeah can’t forget about me stupid
everywhere i go i'm gonna have my own big bukid


oh every time i close my eyes
i see my name in shining lights
a different city every night oh i swear
the world better prepare for when i’m a gazillionaire
(oooh ooh) when i’m a gazillionaire
(oooh ooooh)

(rap)
i’ll be playing tennis with ana ivanovic
touring with rafael nadal and novak djokovic
senator miriam … her political etiquette
toss a couple milli in the air just for the heck of it
but keep the fifty's, twenty’s …completely separate
and yeah i’ll be in a whole new tax bracket
we in recession but let me take a crack at it
i’ll probably take whatever left and just split it up
so everybody that i love can have a couple bucks
and not a single tummy around me
would know what hungry was
eating good sleeping soundly
i know we all have a similar dream
go in your pocket pull out your wallet
and put it in the air and sing

i wanna be a gazillionaire so frickin bad (so bad)
buy all of the things i never had . . .


bwahahaha  . . . crazy!!!!

hubby claims that my song is "order taker," something with the lyrics na: "gusto ko ng . . . (all sorts of food) . . . kasi ang takaw ko,  haha . . .

on the other hand, my song for hubby is the one that starts with: "hika . . . ang inabot ko . . ."   bwahaha . . . was telling him that i used to be healthy and did not have asthma until we got married! wahaha!


Z

No comments:

Post a Comment