Thursday, October 06, 2011

for Y

happy birthday noona!  another year older. . .bwahaha!  according to fashion stylist oleen, your age is no longer appropriate for the plain tights combined with denim shorts! ha,ha,ha!

thank you –
-         for teaching me “excel”  (well, it was your excel “glitch” that prompted me to learn excel on my own . . . hahaha! but if not for you, i would have spent for excel for dummies, meron naman pala sa “goggle”)

-         for doing the gm diet with me (i needed the weight loss and i learned to drink milk on its own)
-         for attempting to influence me to eat healthy  (underscore, attempting . . .or may be frustrated stage na . . .pero definitely hindi ako magiging healthy eater – not in this lifetime . . . bwahaha . . .) Y oftentimes makes me kulit to eat apples, which i do not like and she gives me every time may dala sya . . . same with bananas, avocado etc.  she lectures me on benefits of certain types of food etc.  para syang si red angry bird na pang healthy living ang category  (si red angry bird, pang weather, airplane, computer, music etc.)  . . .read her post “my daily dose of calcium.” . . .ganyan sya, she is health conscious and an ideal “eater” . . . hindi puro junkies katulad ko . . . she will forever remind me of scrambled eggs with spinach . . . ewan ko ba kung bakit sarap na sarap sya sa spinach. . . kamag anak nya yata si popeye . . . hehe…what Y failed to influence me is to eat muesli  and dried apricot and fruits (as a replacement to my cheetos etc.) . . . iwi!
-         for always attempting to make me calm pag high blood ako . . . and more often than not, she does this by bribing me with food, the most recent of which is the skyflakes condensada.  indirectly,  Y always teaches me to be more patient, which is good (but then, good luck to you! lampas na ang threshold ko nung 2009 pa lang! hahaha!)
-         for teaching me “compare and merge” in ms word, akala tuloy ng boss namin, ang sipag at ang  galing namin.  wahaha!  that function made my life a lot easier . . . thank you, thank you!
-         for always complimenting whatever nice things i have or do . . .made me realize how poor i am on thanking people who usually do that to me. . . for all those, thank you.
-         for attempting to make me girly, prim and proper . . . wahaha!  she has this habit of giving me all sorts of goody hair clips kasi i always use paper clip for my hair . . . it has probably been years na ganyan ako and until now (although less frequent na), papansinin nya pa din na palitan ko yung paper clip sa buhok ko ng hair clip . . . Y taught me to go to the bathroom before a meeting to “re-touch” – nothing to re-touch actually coz i seldom use make up but she taught me to make sure hindi oily ang face ko [. . . sabi nga nya (na parang nakuha nya lang din sa iba):  oiliness is next to ugliness. . .  bwahaha!] and to ensure that my hair is not “mahangin sa labas”- look!!!
-         for trying to teach me to spend wisely and to save . . . Y handles her finances well . . . she tells me once in a while ideas on how to invest money . . .mutual fund blah blah blah . . .Y taught me the concept of the “sinking fund” which I call the “floating fund” so that determined expenses for the following year are earmarked ahead and it brings a level of financial stability all-year-round.  Y gives an ideal example to think of purchases thoroughly . . . (not that I am practicing it but at least I realize that she is ideal when it comes to spending . . . hahaha!)  . . . I recall she wanted to buy  a louis vuitton and was considering the speedy and the neverfull . . . kung ako yun, malamang nabili ko na yung 2 instantly. . . but Y took her time and analyzed . . . one day she told me her analysis of the speedy damier and speedy monogram versus the neverfull . . . ako naman: wow, idol! kulang na lang powerpoint presentation . . . she thought of it very well, took her time . . . and when the right time came, she purchased.  it was about the same time i got in love with the newly released artsy and within a week, i bought it. . . my most expensive bag that turned out to be masakit sa balikat for the first 2 weeks . . .(but ok na and i love it) . . . since i am a slow-learner, ina-absorb ko pa ang skill na yan ni Y . . .and since i am only human, nagkakamali paminsan-minsan . . . hahaha!!!



-         for being a constant reminder of being positive . . . Y is like my ob-gyne . . . parang kahit nagbi-bleed ka na to death, parang walang problema and everything can be solved . . . Y reminds me to find positive things and absorb positive things no matter how difficult or negative the situation is . . . ayun, kaya kahit, baha, nilulusong! wahaha!!!  (same with hubby, X and red angry bird -- positive lagi ang outlook kaya ok kasama)

. . .  the list goes on . . . and i am just thankful for another year that Y shared her life and blessings with me (and others, of course) . . .thanks, Y!

happy, happy birthday! love ya (and X, and hubby, and sam milby, and brad pitt and . . .prince harry . . . wahaha!) . . .

wishing you (us) a baby and a mazda cx9 (or sige,  a manual pick-up na gusto mo lately .  . . as if hataw magmaneho . . .tsk . . tsk)! hahaha!


Z


No comments:

Post a Comment