Saturday, January 21, 2012

The one that got away

Latest splits – affected much?

A couple of weeks ago, Katy Perry and Russell Brand


And much more recently, Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis…


Yup, I am affected, otherwise I won’t even think of blogging about these.  It is just that these involve personalities that interest me much.

Katy Perry is young and at the height of her career, and she married someone as notorious as Russel Brand.  Ok, tell me it was not for love…  Unless of course Katy is suicidal.  It doesn’t look like it.  She’s so bubbly on cam.  Remember this on Saturday Night Live?


Plus, I like Katy (and believe me, I find her voice sounding a bit like Gwen Stefani, but stronger in a pop-kind of way) haha, pretty lame review, huh?  I know, duh…   And I can imagine Katy’s personality as anything but serious.  I remember once when some reporters asked her about whether she was pregnant,


she said “I like In-N-Out Burger and Taco Bell and if you want to make that pregnant, that’s your problem.”  Toynk! 

And then there’s my Johnny Depp.  First though, let me just clarify that I am not attracted to men who wear eyeliners or who wear their hair Naima Adedapo style...    Ahihihihi.


But this is also the Johnny Depp back in 21 Jump Street.  First crushes are so hard to forget. 

Plus, I went through this phase in my younger years when I adored Kate Moss, and french women who looked like Vanessa Paradis.  (ok, confession, I still do..)  So I kinda understood the taste of Johnny Depp in women.  (Yep, I really do, bro)  Plus, I really hate that side of Angelina Jolie “attracting” men she stars with in movies.  So, when I hear these kinds of intrigues, I silently root for Jennifer Aniston (even after her split with Brad Pitt) and, in this case, Vanessa Paradis.  If you still don’t know what I’m talking about, click this.

This Vanessa is tough (maybe for her ego or for their children, I could only surmise), and it is also remarkable that THE Johnny Depp stuck with her, until recently.. sad.

So in each case, who was the one that got away?
Katy – Of course!
Russel – I’m 50-50 about this.  Appearance jeez, that’s res ipsa loquitur and that's my 50% no. But Katy married him, so that’s the 50% yes!
Johnny – yes, this guy’s an icon.
Vanessa – I also think so, tough french woman.

Now I really wonder how Katy would sing “In another life, I would be your girl, we keep all our promises, be us against the world… In another life, I would make you stay, So I don’t have to say, you were the one that got away” live in her Manila concert tomorrow...

Oh, sad…

xoxo, Y
(All images, from Google images)

No comments:

Post a Comment