Monday, January 16, 2012

Colds and HMR Sheridan

I shouldn't be blaming somebody for getting horrible colds.
But whew! Onset of my colds was right after I moved out from HMR Sheridan.
After booking my sister-in-law's hotel room at Go.Hotels-Robinsons Cybergate I gave in to my desire "to spend". My target purchase is a suit for work and blouses. I wanted to go to Shangrila Mall in Mandaluyong. BH asked if we can pass along Sheridan because he needs to check if there's an available welding machine.
I agreed....to one of the greatest shocks of my life!!!

Surpluses everywhere at more than half the price. Most of the things are US-made (colonial mentality).
They have golf sets (Wilson) at Php3,000, Skechers Trim Step shoes for Php2,500, boots Php2,000 and many more. I even saw an espresso machine similar to Z's. It's 5,960 in black and silver!

I checked their second floor or furniture department. They have canopies for Php3,500(similar to Starbucks'), cabinets for Php3,000 to 5,000 bigger in size compared to those from the malls and made from more sturdy materials.

Well, I saw a kitchen counter with cabinet which I've been planning to buy middle of this year. I checked the price. Php3,290! Whow! "Get me a stock, this one is so dusty". It's the last piece!. Lucky me."Okay, clean it up please."
They just rubbed something and it's restored to it pristine glory! See below.... Well, it took four people to load and unload from my truck. It was so heavy!!!


Foldable L-type door for all my krung-krung stuff

That's the top layer of the cupcake holder/stand that Z gifted me last Christmas.
Now, it's a pear holder. Hahahaha!Thanks Z!

I looked further at the end of the filthy second level. BH saw office chairs and insisted on getting them. What happened to the welding machine? "These are the last 2 pieces", he said. If not for the lurking Chinese- looking guy  who's been waiting for our decision, I wouldn't have said yes. So I said "we'll get it".
Oh my! Heavy too! Can't believe it!
It's Php990 a piece. When they were loading it on our truck, one guy at the parking lot asked if there are still available pieces. I said, they're the last 2. So that night, DS, BH and of course X, have to draw lots on who'll enjoy said chairs. I was the unlucky one!!!


Last one, is a wooden table intended as a side table but made into a center table because it's higher and more sturdy than the usual center tables. It's also Php990. What a bargain! This one is heavy too. What's wrong with these people???

BH and I can sit on this and it wont break, promise!

Total purchases (savings are a lot. happy happy happy) ding, ding, ding!
Php6,260.
Huh, there goes my suit and my blouses.

Aftermath of the panic buying...colds. Terrible colds.
Maybe it's the dust.

Oh my, I feel like getting sick. It's alright. My sick leave allocation/cycle was replenished this year.
What a unique way to start 2012.

HMR is at Pioneer and Sheridan Streets, Mandaluyong City.


X

No comments:

Post a Comment