Tuesday, January 10, 2012

my green resolution

A one of in my long list of New Year's resolutions is that, for this year, I am not going to buy any paper, whether in the form of a book, a newspaper, a sticky note, a notebook or whatever, for as long as it is paper. An exemption of course is when I really need one, or the little boy needs one for school.

It is just that I have more than enough paper to write on or to use at home. Maybe one year would be enough to reduce the supply.

Also, I want to maximize technology. Wink wink. I have done it with the Kindle before...


(For one, there is Tonara, a free IPAD app which comes with free piano pieces, like Gluck's Dance of the Blessed Spirits from Orfeo ed Euridice.)

There is also Scrap Pad which is an app that is so easy to use and for those like me who would very much want to organize her photos but would easily get frustrated with the real act of scrapbooking.


The other day, while at the World of Feng Shui, I resisted the urge to buy for myself Lilian Too's Fortune & Feng Shui Dragon 2012.


(from Google Images) Maybe I can just check online for some advice on how to go through this year... The book is too much information for me anyway. In the past years, I just check my copy once in a while...

Today, Z suggested that we venture into a special project which will involve making use of paper. I immediately told her I won't be able to participate because of my NY resolution. It sounds fun, really, and is something that I have imagined myself doing before, and would logically be something XYZ will embark on, but oh no, the timing is just not right for me. I will still think about it though, Z. It really sounds promising...

xoxo, Y

No comments:

Post a Comment