Friday, December 30, 2011

My penultimate day of the year rant

I have always looked forward to Christmas and New Year's Eve. Almost each time, nothing really eventful happens but still, those are the 2 nights of the year when I stay awake and partake of whatever is prepared on the table.

Tomorrow night, I am just unsure. I told the Big Boy that I really didn't want to celebrate it with his cousins in Tagaytay. But despite my protests, he is determined to go.

My hesitation was aggravated by the fact that his cousins keep several dogs inside their house. Those people close to me totally understand why I don't want dogs inside the house and that is non-negotiable. I was told though that we will stay in the adjoining house and so we won't really be bothered by the dogs. Still!

Then I found out that we were also told to bring our own beddings... Er, hello, talk about mega uncomfortable! Then the Big Boy promised me that when it really gets unbearable, we will find a nearby hotel to check in. Oh, man...

I am not really bratty, but this is New Year's Eve we're talking about!

I grew up celebrating the NYE in a way that will please each member of the family, even to the point of cooking red sauced spaghetti even if it does not really match the other prepared dishes, because that is the request of my youngest brother.

Sorry for being a nega, but I just couldn't hide my frustration...

Well, since I love myself, I will just celebrate NYE tonight, hahaha, talk about pathetic.

Nothing can stop me from doing that. Here's my comfort food, potato salad with mayo and mustard dressing, prepared by a friend who reminds me so much of my mom...



It's almost 12 guys... And really, there are fire crackers being sampled outside...

Happy New Year!

xoxo, Y

No comments:

Post a Comment