Tuesday, December 20, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

...everywhere you go...  :-)

Unlike Z who embarks on her Christmas duties early, Y or yours truly is quite the opposite.  My bad habit of procrastination is a its peak at this time of the year.

In fact, I only assembled our Christmas tree last weekend or 7 days before Christmas eve.

Much to my chagrin, our blue Christmas trimmings mysteriously disappeared.  We found only 1 bag containing dark blue balls with some really old bright red ones.  I didn't want to put them up, as I was just not in the mood for a Filipiniana theme this year.

As in denial as I was, given that I have been trying to save as much money as I can for a big project next year, I finally gave in and decided to just shed some moolah for new trimmings.

Thanks to our neighborhood supermarket, I found some affordable ones.  I spent a total of only 800 bucks!

To my suprise, I found green appealing.  Yup, green, the favorite color of X.

So here's my old little Christmas tree
With its new budget look
Don't you think they are nice?
Well they are, at least for me!


(Er, Dr. Seuss, is that you?)

And here are my snowman, reindeer and Santa loot bags.  I got these from Duty Free during my recent Christmas shopping spree with X and Z, thanks to Z's elite card...  They were meant to be hung, but somehow they ended up under the tree.  They house the small gifts.


And then last Sunday, we woke up early for the gingerbread house decorating activity.  I let the boys do the decorating.  I just helped with the piping.  That task turned out to be the trickiest.

Here, I discovered that my Big Boy has a feminine side.  Look at all those marshmallows and the pink pretzels.  Those are definitely not my idea.  Hahaha!


And did you notice the Little Boy's gingerbread man which look more of a scarecrow?  Wahaha!  But that was fun, really.

Well, it's indeed beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

...But the prettiest sight to see is the holly that will be
On your own front door....

xoxo,
Y

No comments:

Post a Comment