Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Growing up

DS had been busy lately with his "extra-curricular" stuff. And when I say extra-curricular, that will include things that are non-school related.

During regular days, DS goes to school at noon because I enrolled him in a PM class. But for the last 2 weeks, he had to wake up early for his practice at school. He joined the school basketball team (inter-level) and badminton team for their Intramurals. I didn't expect him to join because I knew that his preferences were video games and "disassembling-rebuilding" his things. 

Then I received a call from his Music teacher and reminded me that they will have a practice again for the Angklung Ensemble. Huwaat? Angklung? It sounded like a Malaysian delicacy (if not Ilocano). According to the teacher, he's playing the drums. Aba, nasobrahan na ata sa activity si DS.
I "GOGGLED" it and learned that Angklung is an instrument made from bamboo. I "GOGGLED" further and saw this instrument:
image from www.summarynewspaper.com
  
Owkie! His role is not to play this instrument but to set the rhythm and beat of the performance. O ha, manang-mana talaga sa akin. Wahahaha!

When he arrived from school one day, he brought out his new shirt for his basketball team with matching badge. It was the "daang-matuwid" color (aka yellow). He got irritated when I said it's a girlie color. It should be green or blue. He said there were only 3 colors to choose from. The other two were red and orange. He took a picture of the shirt and his badge. Di naman siya excited!

Golden Vikings shirt


Badge
The red team was named "Red Indians" and the orange team was called "Orange Raiders". So the Intramurals went on. They won the basketball game but not the badminton. Okay lang daw. He got home semi-blonde and I panicked! It was part of the team image he said. He's got yellow paint sprayed on his hair. I asked him to wash it off immediately. Use my shampoo, I said. "Mommmyyy! Pang-girl yun". So what? Of course, I didn't check anymore but he got out of the bathroom sans the yellow spray.



Now, on his non-school related activities. Ahem! I came to realize that I am really not getting any younger. He's been staying online longer for a few days already. There is this girl from school who bombards his Facebook wall with "cheesy" posts. It got me irritated, being the protective mom that I am. BH said, just let him socialize. I even showed this to Y and Z last week. May nagkaka-crush na sa kanya! I confronted DS and told him never to give our phone numbers. He agreed, in exchange for an hour of extended FB time.

Yesterday, when we fetched him, I asked how his school day was. "Mommy, nag-paper chat kami". Anooooh? Can't relate! I'm so into Ipad already, that for a moment, I forgot what  paper chat meant.
It's a simple exchange of paper notes pala. The notes reached their class adviser, who, according to DS was "kinikilig".

Cheesy!


X

No comments:

Post a Comment