Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Gearing up for Summer 2012

"Yuck Mommy, ang taba mo". (Yuck Mommy, you're so fat.)
DS said that! Last weekend we went to the mall and tried on some swimwear.
I asked him to stay outside the fitting room and when I asked his opinion on how I looked on a haltered top and board shorts, he uttered those words. I asked him to tone down his voice and laughter coz other customers may hear his comments. He kept on laughing!

Manang-mana sa pinagmanahan! Wagas kung mang-asar!

And yes, kids don't lie.I looked at myself in the mirror and I was really huge (in a sexy kind of way). Justify, justify, justify!
Looking for the perfect swimwear to flatter my curves (if there are... at all) in a department store was so frustrating. I particularly looked for 1 piece bathing suit but every cut's emphasis is on the waist. Grrrrr...

Anyway, I am trying to get ready for summer. We will be spending it somewhere north this April and somewhere east this coming May. Excitement mucho!

I made a mini list and wrote things down in my "Last Planner"



Call me OA (Over Acting). But when I travel, make sure I have everything from cotton buds to cellphone chargers.

No. 1 on my list is swimwear. Like I've said, it's so frustrating to shop when your body hides its curves. The rest are goggles, suncreen, slippers, shampoo, bag (waterproof) and a new suitcase or backpack.

The last one is optional, but preferred (subject to availability of funds). Bwahahaha!
I forgot, I need new tank top and denim shorts.

On swimwear, I searched (Googled) for swimwear and came up with Speedo and Sassa.
Choices were all designed for skinny swimmers. Speedo however, offers big sizes for the athletic built (which I'm not).

Then I saw Cyberswim Miraclesuit (look 10 pounds lighter in 10 seconds) Ows???




The swimsuits were lovely to look at on the models. I think I'd look good on them too. I am particluarly interested on the tummy control.
I am not sure though if they have a shop in the Philippines. I looked again and shocked to see the price for each piece.

BH will definitely wring my neck for getting an "itsy bitsy tiny winy" saplot for that price. It's worth one whole day boat ride to Donsol, Sorsogon. Hahahaha! Good thing they don't ship to the Philippines.

Solution: DIET!

Oh please, get real girl!!!

X

*images from http://www.cyberswim.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment