Wednesday, May 09, 2012

May 8

Yesterday, May 8, was Katniss Everdeen's birthday. In the book, she recalled having to look forward to May 8 when she would turn 12, which is when she would be eligible for the tesserae (read: tes-se-ra).

I was reminded of it this morning while listening to Hunger Games on my way to the office. I am revisiting Hunger Games via Audible. It was one of the books I got for free during my trial period.

As I listen to the first chapter, I try to recall how it was portrayed in the movie and I realize how the movie has brought to life the "feel" of the book. It was alright. For me, it was the closest the moviemakers could get to the book. Most deviations were acceptable.

The one thing I am not so sure about is how the mayor's daughter was left out in the movie. In the book, she gave the mockingjay pin to Katniss, and she was one of those who said goodbye to Katniss after the reaping. In the movie, Katniss got the mockingjay pin from an old woman in the black market. I don't know...

Gottago.

Xoxo, Y

No comments:

Post a Comment