Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Bicol: CWC Pili (Air and Land)

We arrived at around 3pm in Pili Airport, after 2 hours of delayed flight. Praise the airlines!!!


The roaring engine of the Dornier aircraft made me hold on to my dear life. Naga City, while airborne is a pretty sight but the sickening sound of the aircraft's rotating blades, made me sick. I don't blame it on Bicol. But the runway is too small to accommodate bigger planes.Air travel over.


Stepping out from the aircraft was a challenge for me. I got a little nauseous and  asked for a gum from DS. Greeted by a warm afternoon breeze at Pili Airport but seeing Mt.Isarog from the runway refreshed me. After getting the baggage (and the camera tripod which the arline asked us to check in), the CWC shuttle bus was waiting for us... flashing my name in a white board. Hahaha!


Getting out of the airport, our land travel began. I saw a big billboard showcasing one of the best sights of Camarines Sur.


Just right outside the airport

Arriving at the CWC Watersports Complex, checking in was quick. I upgraded my reservation to a bigger room. I reserved for a Tiki Hut (Php1,100 per night) with a queen bed and aircon only. BH and DS insisted on getting a bigger room with TV. Good thing there's an available cabana (for Php1,700 per night).

We were brought to Cabana No. 9. It's spacious with a tv, aircon, hot and cold shower.


row of cabanas

Cabana No. 9 (I covered X and DS)

After a quick rest, we proceeded to their main clubhouse where the action is. Foreign and local tourists flock the wakeboarding facility. I wanted to try it but seeing the rope moving around the lagoon towing a wakeboarder at a fast speed made my knees buckle. BH has vertigo thus, he too refused. It was DS who was very eager to try it but I was concerned about his safety. So we just watched the brave ones and decided to dip in their pool.

Pool area. Mt. Isarog on the background


wakeboarding facility. This dude just crashed in the water.
 
just beside the wakeboarding facility


more seats in the open area

night shot

We channeled our curiosities to food. Hahaha! CWC offered their bestsellers to impress their guests' tastebuds. I loved their "Sinibid na Tilapia" which is fried tilapia bathing in rich and creamy coconut milk with chilis. Yumminess! Their Bicolano Pizza was a blast. If I have to stay in CWC longer, I don't mind eating at least one pizza per day. The fresh thin crust was so crispy and was topped with lots of cheese and laing bits. Oh-la-la! DS loved it too. Pork barbecue is alright. BH ordered halo-halo but it was Chowking-like.


Sinibid na Tilapia and Laing

  
Bicolano Pizza

Halo-Halo
It was only the first day but Bicol already awakened my 5 senses.
Hmmm...I'm almost 400 kilometers away from home.

X


No comments:

Post a Comment