Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Confession: I've read Fifty Shades

Yeah I've read it, and all 3 books, er during the Holy Week long vacation. Thanks to Amazon purchase and 'return this book' option... I know, cheap confession!

A close friend of mine, who incidentally I discovered follows this blog religiously, told me about it, and so I got curious. Besides it is one of the top purchased books both in Amazon Kindle and Audible. So, call it Curiosity killed the cat, if you may!

Well, if you go beyond the erotic portions of the book, which at some point could get tiring hehehe, (everything has a satiation point, ok?), there is a story in there. It is about Christian Grey, a 27 year old billionaire, who tried to convince a naive-just-got-out-from-college Anastacia Steele, to be a 'sexual submissive'. At the end of the first book, Anastacia walked away, as she could not take it and she wanted 'more' (translate: hearts and flowers). Book 2 is about Christian making another proposal to Anastacia, this time allowing Anastacia to know Christian more, and discovering that Christian was physically abused as a child, with him looking after his mom, whom he thought was just sleeping but turned out to be already dead for 3 days. Book 3 is all about trying to change Christian and helping him mature from his adolescent emotional make-up.

Now that I've gone through the book, and news has it that this book will be made into a film in 2013, I am curious as to who will play Christian and Anastacia.

These are the ones being speculated, so far as I know... (Christian Bale, Max Irons, Ian Somerhalder and Zac Efron; Zooey Deschanel and Emma Watson)

My votes are Max and Zooey. They just fit the descriptions of Christian and Ana. What do you think?

xoxo, Y

No comments:

Post a Comment