Monday, August 06, 2012

GM Diet

BH and I started with this diet regimen that Y and Z strongly convinced me to try. After a year, I gave in.


It's a week-long diet that could modify your tastebuds, detoxify your body and let you shed 10 to 17 pounds. We weighed in last weekend and a whopping 154 pounds (70 kilograms)shocked me. Is that how huge I am now? I looked around me hoping to see an elephant's foot behind me or stepping on the scale.  Goodness! I am the elephant!


taken 7-31-2012


So, with BH's support, I decided to give it a "go". Although I was a little apprehensive about the water (H20) requirement. I have to drink at least 8 glasses. Whew! I was not sure then if I can comply with this.

First day (July 31) is fruits day (except banana and avocado). We had apple for breakfast, pear for snack, pineapple for lunch, dragon fruit (courtesy of Z, thanks mucho) as PM snack, watermelon and papaya for dinner. All throughout the 7-day diet, we are required to consume 8 to 10 glasses a day. Whew! I only had 6. When I checked later in the evening, what I saw on the scale really surprised me. I am 11 pounds (5 kilograms) lighter! Wow, this is really working. But the first day is really an agony for me. I smelled my colleague's lunch, DS is teasing me that his dinner (rellenong bangus) smells good and the crisp sound of the chips munched by my officemate, made me crazy! Control! H20 achievement: 6 glasses only!


Second day, is vegetables day. Breakfast was mashed potatoes with a tiny amount of butter. Oh my, it tastes good sans the salt and the works.... I really appreciated the taste of plain boiled potatoes. I brought to work my lunch consisting of 1 sliced cucumber, 2 carrots, lettuce and blanched asparagus. Everything is so tasteless.  I can take the plain asparagus, but the lettuce is horrible! And the carrots, I managed to eat only more than half of one piece. I had them as in-between treats. For dinner, we had lettuce again cucumber and the left over carrots plus blanched asparagus (which is heavenly). I wanted to walk away from the dinner table when I smelled the longganisa on DS' plate. Second day was the most horrible day. H2O achievement: 7 glasses.

Third day, we had apple and melon(cantaloupe) for breakfast.Lunch was lettuce, cucumber with dressing (balsamic vinegar, olive oil, pinch of salt, lemon and black pepper) and pineapple. It was heavenly and I imagined eating adobo. My morning snack was watermelon and in the afternoon, I devoured the dragon fruit that Z brought (thanks for saving my day). Dinner was papaya and asparagus. Things were getting better. H20 achievement: 7 glasses.

Fourth day, breakfast was 1 piece banana (lakatan type) and one cup warm milk (I bought the Cowhead brand 99.5% fat free). Lunch was 2 pieces banana and milk. In between I had bananas and milk. On the fourth day, we were allowed up to 8 pieces banana and 3 cups of milk. I was not able to finish all the bananas otherwise, I'll go BANANAS....Hahahaha! For dinner, we had the GM WONDER SOUP. I followed the recipe for the soup. BH hated the celery. H20 achievement: 6 glasses.

Fifth day, thank God it's Saturday. I cooked breakfast steak sliced thinly seasoned with balsamic vinegar, little salt, pepper, 1 tomato and olive oil. Finally, MEAT!!!! It was nirvana! Lunch was lean ground beef mixed with 1 onion, 2 cloves of garlic, salt, 3 tomatoes, olive oil and a little balsamic again. Dinner was a combination of the breakfast and dinner. H20 achievement : 6 glasses. I started to worry because the instructions require to increase water intake by 1 quart. Ugh!

Sixth day, it was beef and veggies all you can. Breakfast was same as yesterday. Lunch was beef burger in lettuce wraps, topped with shredded cabbage, tomatoes, onion and cucumber seasoned with balsamic vinegar, pepper,olive oil and little salt. It was better than the burger in a bun. So yummy!.Dinner was blanched okra and kangkong, bamboo shoots salad and 2 pieces burger. H20 achievement: 7 glasses.

Seventh day, I checked my weight this morning. I'M 63 KILOS OR 7 KILOS LIGHTER. That translates to 15.4 LBS!!!! Wow!
taken 8-6-2012


I went to work and ate my breakfast of papaya and dalandan and 2 glasses of water. For lunch, i packed 1 cup of brown rice, grilled eggplant with tomato and left-over bamboo shoots salad. In between treats are pear and apple. For dinner, we planned on having squash and gourd (patola). I will be preparing dalandan juice tonight.Hmmm...I deserve a certificate for this. 

My plan is to undergo this diet, once a month. Let's see....


X


  

No comments:

Post a Comment