Sunday, February 17, 2013

Busog Trip 15: The Thai Kitchen

An immediate family invited us to lunch one weekend. It was at Robinson's  Galleria. The joint  was called The Thai Kitchen. It was a buffet eat all you can set up. 




Thai food is tied to spices and when I say spices, the term includes hot and strong to nose and mouth watering

I tried their Thai Mango salad and placed a little corn kernel to add some sweetness. I almost choked when I chewed a bit of labuyo. Oh boy, it was the toughest part of eating- recovering from the numbness that the spices gave your tongue. I almost asked for an electric fan to cool down my taste buds.

Of course, the authenticity of a Thai resto is defined by its rendition of Pad Thai. It was alright...only there's something missing from the toppings. Could it be the peanuts or the greens. I really dont know if it's because of the labuyo I chewed. Something is missing.

Next is the spicy squid ( I never learned). One thing unforgettable is their rice cake/ pudding with ripe mango. Oh it's heavenly. It made me forget that I was tracking my calories.

Over- all it was the experience and the moment I spent with family  that made the lunch date unforgettable.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment