Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Run To Lose (An Aspiring Runner's Tale)

I used to hate running or jogging. In fact, I have a post related to my dislike for running or jogging.
After my GM Diet in July and August, I have gotten myself into walking for five to 10 minutes every other day. It started in the park near my neighborhood. As the months went on, I started to love running outdoors.

First try was continuous running for 3 minutes around Quirino Grandstand in Luneta, followed by 10 to 15 minutes slow-paced walking. Then after a few days, running minutes went up to 8, then 10 and 20 minutes after a month. It was really a "Run To Lose" weight.

The transition was unexpected. Before, I prefer slouching and watching TV and housework was my work out. Now, running and walking had been part of my weekly routine. There was even a time when I feel "empty" because of daily downpour.

A few weeks ago, I joined a  5K "fun run". My goal was really just to have fun and experience competing while I can still run. I was surprised at the finish line when I ended up second. Wow!

My lifestyle and personal outlook changed in a span of 2 months. My  goal is to run uphill, which I still consider impossible to achieve.

This coming December, I booked for 4 days in Baguio City. Sto. Tomas Mountain is my climb to conquer. I am just hoping that BH will give in to my new found obsession.

If successful, I'll go to the next level of conquering Kennon Road. Hahaha! I'll need a lot of practice to get into it. Well, the event is this coming April 2013. Let's just wait and see.


image from takbo.ph


Happy running!


X

No comments:

Post a Comment