Saturday, June 02, 2012

Tito Chef

This evening, we dined at Tito Chef. It is a relatively new dining place at BF Homes Paranaque. We got there just past seven, and we noticed that by 7:30, the place was packed.

I didn't expect anything spectacular so I wasn't ready with my food blogging gadgets. But when we finished eating, I thought that it is worth blogging about, and the place is definitely worth going back to.

There were 3 of us, 2 grown-ups and 1 child. Our bill was P1500, but it was worth it.

For starters, we had Truffled Mushroom Soup Puree. It was very rich and tasty. It has shitake and porcini mushrooms, oyster and truffle essence.

For the entree, I ordered Barbecued Chicken Jambalaya. The Big Boy snorted when I announced my order, because on our way to Tito Chef, we were just talking of this short-lived fastfood called Pop Eye which served Louisiana food. I loved that fastfood, but it's a pity it didn't take off. (Haha, sorry I had to justify my choice of entree with this sentimental thoughts.). But it was alright. I was a bit confused though because the dish was described as spicy barbecued chicken filet, but the chicken was not boneless (well that is how I understand filet or fillet). I was happy though because I got the thigh- leg side. The jambalaya rice was worth ordering again, and it was topped by a coleslaw which balanced the flavor of the sausage in the jambalaya.

The little boy had American Burger which was served with potato allumettes, which turned out to be thinly shredded fried potatoes.

The Big Boy ordered Steak & Mushroom Pie. This was good. The steak was served with mushrooms, vegetables (I saw carrots and celeries), gravy and creamed potatoes. And of course, he ate it with a separate order of rice pilaf. We were disappointed that they don't serve plain rice, but only rice pilaf.

Both Steak and Burger were served with romaine lettuce with just a dash of dressing which tastes like it has some apple cider vinegar in it.

(from the Tito Chef website)

For dessert, we had Tiramisu which is alright. We vowed not to skip dessert, next time we eat there again, because the other desserts on the menu look as yummy as this Tiramisu.

Yummy!

xoxo, Y

No comments:

Post a Comment