Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Bicol: Caramoan to Legaspi City(Sea, Volcano and Semi-Air)

Muscles now sore, we went on with the last leg of Bicol journey.
My five senses were all awake. The sweet smell of longganisa and the pungent aroma of daing dragged me to the inn's dining area. Mmmm... seeing the smoking hot cup of coffee perked me up.


After emptying the plates, we went to  Caramoan town proper to visit the old Catholic church of St. Michael in Tawog. It was built in 1619. Thereafter, we were brought by the tour guide to souvenir shops. Guess what we got?!? Shirts of course...


Done with packing, we were brought to Guijalo Port for our trip back to Naga. With a heavy heart, we were off to Guijalo and made a promise to return to Caramoan.

It's MV Harry again

serenity

beautiful Mayon in the background
 Okay, just 10 minutes into the sea, something went wrong. Uh-oh! 
The engine just went off and won't restart. MV Harry was drifted by the current. A loud siren made me jump from my seat. Goodness! It's MV Calixta coming from Catanduanes ready to dock at Guijalo. It's a RoRo vessel (roll on-roll off)  plying Lagonoy  to Caramoan. Alright, a boat passed us by and stopped a few meters ahead of us. A boatman jumped into the water carrying a thick rope and swam to the other boat. Voila, towboat(hahaha, tow truck for MMDA!). We were towed by said boat for an hour. Then we stopped again as we approach Rose Islet. Change boat! A sister boat (similar in size with MV Harry) stopped and the rope was transferred. We were towed for another hour. Good thing, the sea was very calm.

Towed

MV Calixta

second boat near Rose Islet

We reached Sabang Port and hopped in a van going to Naga. When we arrived at Naga terminal, we got in a van going to Legaspi. It was already 1230 and DS was hungry. This time, I bought Dunkin Donuts and juice. The lady who sold me juice two days before still recognized me."Travelling again Ma'am?", she asked. I said, "Yup, Bicol is so big that a week is not enough."

After more than an hour of smooth rainy ride, we reached Polangui, Albay. The majestic Mayon showed up despite the rain. Words are not enough to describe it's beauty. I was so perfect from a distance. DS took this photo using my mobile phone.

At Polangui, on our way to Legaspi
We arrived at Legaspi terminal at 245pm. It was humid and we checked in at Ellis Ecotel at Embarcadero Port. It's a new hotel that's located inside the Embarcadero Mall. Embarcadero boasts of a zipline above water (traversing the port end to end). BH and DS tried. I declined. Afraid of heights, sea and steep climb. "Anong pwede mo gawin",asked BH. Go ahead guys, not for me! So I became the official photographer.


BH
 
DS

 Okay, we had dinner at the port since it's the birthday of DS. After dinner, we checked Embarcadero mall and went back to the hotel with a tub of ice cream. After watching Topshot (History Channel), we went to sleep.
We woke up at 6am, had breakfast at the port and headed back to the hotel to get ready for our Cagsawa and Lignon Hill tour. Well, it was cloudy and Mayon is nowhere to be seen. we proceeded anyway. Thirty minutes after, we were already in Cagsawa. Beautiful!



Mayon vs. Cagsawa
Then off to Lignon Hill. I learned that below the hill is Legaspi Airport.When we were at the entrance of the attraction, a loud siren sounded like there's fire. It's a signal that an airplane is about to take off. We just too pictures at the entrance. I was informed that we still have to climb 800 meters more. No way! My muscles are still aching from the Caglago climb. Also, we need to go back to the hotel and get ready for our trip back to Naga. Our flight is at 4pm.


Lignon Hill

Below is the Legaspi Airport. DS pointing at the airplane that took off.

Back to Embarcadero, I decided to try the zipline. DS agreed to do it one more time. I climbed the steep stairs and almost threw up when I realized how high the tower is. Goodness, forgive me for my trespasses. DS went down first. I followed and shouted as the guy in charge pushed me to the edge. I shouted until my ear drums popped like a softdrink bottle being opened. " Waaah, mamamatay na ko. Nakupo! Ayoko na." Halloooo! When I was already in the middle, I saw tiny BH's frame perhaps recording my embarassing moment. I shouted even louder " Ibaba nyo na ko, ayoko na". Shame, shame, shame.... I reached the other end. The guy who helped me suggested he remove the slippers tied at the back of my harness. I snorted" are you kidding, let me out of this first. Can't you see I'm shaken to death." Natakot ata! Wahaha!  I swear, there's no way I'm going to try that thing again. Whew!




Umaygas! Am I going or not?

the tower
that's the hysterical X
  

That's where I came from, dangling.
 Bicol surely will be one of my best trips. I had fun. The adventure was exceptional. Notwithstanding the frequent moving from one attraction to another. Take note, I haven't been to Donsol yet.


Back to the Dornier.

Wearing our Caramoan shirt

Mt. Isarog at Pili Airport. The first and last attraction I saw in Bicol

See you soon Bicol. I shall return!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment